Magic Mouse 2 works best with macOS and it sort of works with Windows too. I have a Bootcamp partition on my MacBook where I have Windows 10 installed to test certain programs, but Magic Mouse 2 doesn’t work well with Windows. I’m able to move the cursor around normally, but scrolling doesn’t work.
To get Magic Mouse 2 to scroll pages on Windows, you need a separate third-party app.
Pairing Magic Mouse 2 with Windows 10
To get started, you need to pair Magic Mouse 2 first with Windows.
– Launch Windows 10 settings and go to Devices.
– Click Add Bluetooth or other devices. Be sure Magic Mouse is powered on.
– Select Bluetooth.
– From the list of available devices, select your Magic Mouse 2.
– The pairing should be completed in a few seconds.
Even though the Magic Mouse 2 is now connected, you can only move the cursor around at this point. As mentioned earlier, you need to get a third-party program to get the scrolling feature working.
Installing Magic Mouse 2 Utilities
While trying to look for ways to get this feature working, this is the only working solution I found. Installing Magic Mouse Utilities on Bootcamp is a bit tricky though.
– First, download the compatible version of Magic Mouse Utilities from the official website
– When you initiate the installation, you should be asked if you’re installing on an Apple computer or not.
– If you select the option that says Yes, my computer is an Apple Mac computer, the installation is aborted.
– To make this work, you have to select the option that says, No, my computer is not an Apple Mac computer. Be sure you read and understand the risk involved. It sounds scary, but I was able to do this without a single problem.
– If the installation requires a reboot, restart the computer before use.
After the reboot, the app should automatically start and run in the background. The icon appears on the taskbar. Clicking it should present the user interface that doesn’t offer many options. However, basic navigation and scrolling should work just fine.
This program isn’t completely free, I had to pay about $12 to get the full version as the trial version only lasts for 28 days. It’s worth every penny though because it’s a solution that actually works.