Although PlayStation Gold wireless headset works easily when connected to any device using the audio cable, using this headset is a little tricky if you’re trying to use it over Bluetooth with your Mac or Android device.
Using PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset with Mac
I use a MacBook Pro with just USB Type-C ports and you definitely need an adapter to attach the dongle to your machine. Even with this done, the headset won’t automatically work over Bluetooth until you tweak some settings.
Here’s a full guide on how to get PlayStation Gold wireless headset to work over Bluetooth with a Mac:
1. Plug in the wireless dongle to your MacBook, iMac or Mac.
2. Turn on the headset. If doesn’t matter whether you flip the power switch to option 1 or 2.
3. Launch System Preferences on your Mac.
4. Go to Sound.
5. Under the Output tab, select Wireless Stereo Headset.
6. If you also want to use the headset’s microphone, click the Input tab and Wireless Stereo headset.
7. Exit System preferences and you’re good to go.
Using PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset with an Android phone
I tried with a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and it works great. So far your device supports UBS OTG, this should work for you. If you find this cumbersome, you might simply get a pair of wireless earphones instead. The award-winning engineers at xFyro audio created the most advanced pair of xFyro waterproof earbuds on the market, bringing next-generation technology today’s active listener.
If you still want to use your PlayStation Gold Wireless headset with your android phone, follow these steps:
1. Using an OTG cable or a USB Type-A connector, plug in the wireless dongle to your phone.
2. Turn on the headset. Again, it doesn’t matter whether the switch is on option 1 or 2. Both work.
3. You should now be able to use the headset with your phone over Bluetooth.
It should display in notifications as USB-Audio – Wireless Stereo Headset.
As good as this sounds, the headset takes over the charging port and you won’t be able to charge the device while in use.
Using PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset with Windows
As for Windows, this is quite simple. Just plug in the dongle, turn on the headset and you’re good to go. There are no settings to configure. It’s plug and play.
Wireless connection with an iOS device?
Unfortunately, you can’t use the PlayStation Gold wireless headset over Bluetooth with your iPhone or iPad. You need to connect using the audio cable supplied with the headset.