A few weeks back, I jailbroke my iPhone running iOS 6.0.1 but was surprised to launch Cydia and find out that BigBoss repo was empty. I had no idea why this happened but then I saw ModMyi repo was also totally empty. Thinking it was just a temporary thing, I rebooted my phone, launched Cydia again to see that it was still pretty much the same. I ran a few queries on Google search, came up with some advice that didn’t work.
Honestly, without Big Boss repo, it seemed like the whole essence of jailbreaking was defeated. I tried adding back the source but Cydia wouldn’t allow me. The source URL is http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/ but unlike other sources, you can’t add this to Cydia.
I got a suggestion from a forum to edit cydia.list file located at …/private/etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list but this didn’t work. Normally, adding a line to the list should do the trick:
deb http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/ stable main
Perhaps it used to work for older versions of Cydia but it didn’t work for me. There’s only a simple solution to this that eventually fixed the problem. Unlike other sources, you cannot add Big Boss and ModMyi.com repo by adding the URL, you must add them from Cydia. They are default sources and this include ZodTTD repo.
- Launch Cydia and go to Manage > Sources
- Tap Edit and remove the missing source
- Go back to Cydia homepage now and scroll down a bit and tap More Package Sources
- From here, you can just click on the empty source and add it back from the list:
- As you can see, it’s a simple fix you wouldn’t even think of. You can also scroll down a bit to see sources you didn’t even know existed.