The long awaited iOS 7 jailbreak finally hit the cyberspace yesterday and this came as a good news to iPhone users who have been waiting for so long. Although it was trailed with some little controversies here and there, it was still something everyone appreciated. One of the things we heard was that the new version of jailbreak contains a certain malware but this is yet to be confirmed. Another major controversy is the TaiG Chinese App Store that supports distribution of pirated apps although this has been removed from most recent release of Evasi0n jailbreak.
Anyway, that’s not the main issue here, we’re discussing how to jailbreak your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad using Evasion jailbreak tool. Before proceeding, I have to make certain things clear:
1. If you got iOS 7.0.4 through an OTA update, you may end up with a phone stuck in a boot loop (or without Cydia installed). You should first restore via iTunes before proceeding with the jailbreak.
2. If you use passcode lock, please disable it before proceeding
3. Backup before doing this
4. You should use the latest version of iTunes
All devices running iOS 7 are supported. All iPhones, iPod Touches and iPad are supported so far it’s an iOS 7 device.
Supported iOS Versions
Upgrading to iOS 7
If you are already on iOS 7, you can skip this step completely. However, if you got your iOS 7 through OTA update, you shouldn’t skip this. You’re advised to do a full restore via iTunes before jailbreaking. Failure to do this may get your device bricked.
1. Download iOS 7.0.4 here
2. Make sure your phone is disconnected and launch iTunes
3. Hold down the home key and connect your phone through USB
4. iTunes should prompt for a restore
5. Hold down SHIFT on your keyboard and click the Restore button
6. Wait till it’s all done. Restore the device from your previous backup and proceed to jailbreak.
How to Jailbreak iOS 7 using Evasi0n
1. Close iTunes and connect your device
2. Download Evasi0n 7 and run as administrator
3. Be sure you’re connected to the internet
4. You device should be detected in Evasi0n 7 window. Hit the Jailbreak button and wait…
5. Your iDevice should reboot. Unlock your device and launch the evasi0n 7 icon on the springboard.
6. This should reboot your device again. In a short while, you should get notified by Evasi0n that the jailbreak is complete:
7. The process completes on your device. After your device reboots, you should see Cydia icon on your springboard.
Congrats! your device is now jailbroken.
– No Cydia icon
– Device stuck at Apple logo
If you’re experiencing this, simply set your phone to DFU mode and do a clean restore through iTunes. Then jailbreak using Evasi0n. This is jailbreak is tested on iPhone 4s and iPhone 5.