As a student, a professional, a freelancer, or a regular internet user who deals with documents every now and then, there comes a time when you need to run to Google just to look for a particular PDF tool. I will admit that I’ve been to several sites just to convert PDF files to certain formats for editing. And there have been instances when I needed to convert Word documents to PDF formats. Again, you have to search the Internet for a reliable tool that can do this efficiently.
Introducing PDF Wiz
I recently came across PDF Wiz on one of my recent searches. This PDF conversion tool happens to be the best free one I’ve used in recent times and the good thing is that it works completely offline. Unlike online PDF tools, you don’t need to be connected to the Internet to use PDF Wiz. Apart from this, another great advantage is that it doesn’t cost a thing. It’s absolutely free to use with no hidden cost.
PDF conversion: What options are available?
When I download PDF Wiz initially, all I only wanted was to convert my existing PDF file to a Word document so I could edit in Microsoft office. Launching the software, I was presented with options I wasn’t expecting to find. PDF Wiz lets you convert your PDF document to a quite number of different formats and it also lets you create a new PDF file using an existing document or image.
PDF to Word
This is the most widely used option and this program does it comfortably. I was actually surprised at the result. For better results, you might want to play around with the Convert Mode settings. If Editability First doesn’t give you your desired result, Format First should.
PDF to Excel
To confirm this works as advertised, I took a PDF document containing data in tabular form and tried converting to an Excel document. This program correctly sorted the data in the output .xls document.
PDF to Image
This mode lets you choose the type of image type you want the result to be. You may choose between PNG, JPG, BMP, GIF or TIF. My preferred image type has always been PNG and it’s what I tried it with.
PDF to PowerPoint
In case you need to make a presentation with an existing PDF document, PDF Wiz has an option to convert your existing PDF file to a .PPT document.
PDF to Text or HTML
PDF Wiz lets you easily convert your PDF file to TXT for HTML format.
How to use PDF Wiz to convert PDF to Word
1. Launch the program and select the option to convert PDF to Word
2. Drag and drop the file to be converted into the application window.
3. You can toy around with the settings if you wish or simply hit the Convert Now button.
4. After a few seconds, the process should be complete and you should have your converted file in the default location.
If you happen to send documents (invoices, for example) on a regular basis, this is a feature you would find extremely useful. With this option, you can simply select your Word document and turn it to a PDF file.
For PDF creation, PDF Wiz also lets you convert an image file to a PDF document.
With PDF Wiz, you can perform simple PDF editing. Here are some functions you’re able to perform:
- PDF Merge: This feature lets you merge two or more PDF documents into a single document.
- PDF Split: With this, you can split a single PDF document into two or more documents.
- Page Extraction: In case you need to extract one or two pages from a PDF document, this program allows it.
- PDF compression: For existing PDF documents you think are rather too big, PDF Wiz comes equipped with the technology to compress them and make them smaller.
- PDF Password Management: This feature lets you remove or add password protection to your PDF file.
Download for free
As mentioned earlier, this is a tool that is absolutely free to download and use. It’s not a freemium software program, there’s no hidden cost to pay to fully unlock all these features.
Unfortunately, though, it’s only available for Windows OS at the moment. You can download PDF Wiz from the official website.