Online gaming is now a real deal. According to research, eSports’ market valuation is around $1 billion, with a global viewership of more than 380 million. Along with online gaming, streaming, gaming tournaments, and events have also taken over the internet. This massive popularity of the industry has made a career of many gamers having a huge fan base and lucrative support on social sites like Twitch, YouTube, and Reddit.
In e-gaming or online space, having a quick reaction, hand-eye coordination, and nimble fingers are not everything. It would be best if you also had a solid, unique, and memorable online identity. A dashing gaming logo on your videos will aid in getting ahead of the curve. Moreover, there are several online logo makers through which you can make compelling logos clicking just a few buttons. In this blog post, we will discuss some cool gaming logo ideas and video marketing tips.
How to Start?
On any online logo maker platform, you can either start from scratch or can use pre-built templates. Start from scratch if you have planned everything and need flexibility in your project. Otherwise, pick a pre-built template that’s similar to what you wish the final logo to look like and start editing it. Online logo makers provide options for adding custom text with several styles and fonts to choose from. Mix and match colors and graphics and finally render the logo for the final preview.
Additionally, most of the logo makers are free to use and enable you to experiment as much as possible. You can also share the designs with your teammates for review to all come to the same page. You can do as many tweaks as required until the logo is finalized. Once it is done, you can either download in. PNG format or can share directly on your social pages. To sum it all, the four basic steps of logo designing are:
- Selecting an icon that goes with your gaming persona.
- Complement the icon with an iconic font.
- Light everything up with dazzling colors.
- And, lastly, adjust the logos with the layout where it will be placed.
5 Essentials of Gaming Logo Design:
Remember that the gaming logo is sort of like your gaming signature and is linked directly with your identity. So, the most important thing is to give it a personal touch. Here are the top 5 things to focus on while designing your logo.
- Layout: Your gaming will appear on a number of digital spaces, including social profiles, recorded videos, live streams, and posts. The first and foremost thing to keep in mind is the scalability of the logo, i.e., it can fit smoothly in small and large screens without getting distorted. Start with a clean, simplistic, and generalized design that fits equally on various devices. If you are planning for something specific, go with a few variations that suit different apps.
- Typography: In general, designers use custom fronts for the gaming logo to give a personal touch and style of the gamer. Since you are creating the logo on your own, lookout for something that suits your taste and genre of gaming and also stays in tune with your audience. Spiky letters and thick weights are very frequently used in gaming logos; you can use them too. Again, keep one thing in mind: Any font you used should fit with all sizes, devices, and mediums.
- Symbol: It is something that reverberates with your fan base and what makes you unique. If you are searching for some inspiration or what to use, look at what your favorite game is using. You, too, would get something that tunes with your personality. Any characters or in-game objects inspire most of the logos. Use in-game items that complement your gaming style and give you a signature touch. You can also use a cartoon version of yourself or your favorite gaming character in the logo.
- Color: Since colors are mood setter, pick colors that reflect the kinds of games you play and resonate with the people tuning into your stream. In order to have a compelling effect, and stand out of your competitors, try colors out of the usual textbook style. You can also make attention-grabbing templates using pastel colors. Also, the two favorite colors of the gaming world are deep red and navy blue. Mention bright colors are definitely eye-catching but try to pair it with black or white to maintain contrast and avoid the viewer’s distraction while watching the gameplay.
- Special Features: Things like symbols engraved in-between text, unique color gradients, and stacked texts are quite a frequent trend in gaming logos. You can see such features in logos of popular games like PUBG, Clash of Clans, Arena of Valor, and Grand Theft Auto logos. You can also use pixel arts in the logo designs to give it a vintage or retro look. Remember, the best logo is one that mingles with your gameplay yet has a unique appeal.
Gaming logos are usually icon-heavy and feature furious items like fierce snakes, angry golems, blades & katana, Viking shields, or skull & crossbones. Also, there are some common things like joysticks, headphones, and gaming consoles, that are often linked with gaming. If you are starting in online gaming, you can use these in your logos to connect easily with the audience. Besides, there is a lot of abstract stuff that makes rounds in the gaming world. So don’t restrict your creativity and use whatever you like in your logo.
The gaming industry is rapidly expanding its foot in newer territories. With top gamers making millions of dollars from online competitions and video streaming, it is important to have your peculiar signature and logos to ensure that for you. Whether experience level you are at in your game, i.e., beginners, seasoned, legendary, mythic, or master, an awesome gaming logo will surely boost your popularity.