In the Bitcoin world, wallets are very diverse. There are many types of wallets ranging from hardware to software wallets. Hardware wallets are usually referred to as cold storage, they are the most secure wallets to save your coin, but before jump up for jubilation, they are not free. So if you are not storing a large amount of bitcoin, you can go for any of these secure mobile wallets.
Users believe is that Hot Wallets (software wallet) are less secure and can be hacked. This is true, but as blockchain technology is advancing, mobile wallet providers have been doing their best to upgrade the security to their wallets. Every bitcoin owner should know that the security and safety of their coins is ultimately their responsibility and security features vary with each wallet. So before you jump onto any wallet provider, be a smart investor and check them out before you put your money in them. I have compiled a list of the most secure Bitcoin mobile wallets that you can use conveniently on your smartphones.
I have used these apps to store my coins for more than 3 years and I have no issues whatsoever with them.
When I was first born into the Crypto world, Blockchain was the first mobile app that stored my coins. I can boldly say it is the best, the most popular and most secure mobile wallet today. It is a hybrid wallet which means the company stores your wallet online and don’t have access to your private keys.
- Send and receive Bitcoin conveniently through their mobile app.
- Send and receive Bitcoin conveniently through a web browser.
- Buy Bitcoin with credit or debit card
- 2FA or two-step verification. (Google authentication and SMS Text Messages)
- Private keys
- Unlimited wallets
- You can store Bitcoin and Etherum
- Email Login Notification
Coinbase is the second largest service that lets you buy and sell Bitcoin, Etherum and Litecoin with over 30 countries supported and over 10 Million customers. They have already built a trusted name and you can be rest assured that your coins with them are secured. However, security and ownership of your coin is your responsibility.
- Connect your bank account, credit or debit card to coinbase to easily exchange digital currency with your local currency
- Web Browser and Mobile Apps
- Bitcoin, Etherum, Litecoin Wallets Providers
- Buy and Sell Digital currencies
- Email Verification
Mycelium is only a mobile wallet that lets you send and receive Bitcoins from your Android and Apple Phones. Their unparalleled cold storage functionality allows you to fully secure your funds until you are ready to spend them. It also works with paper wallets, private keys, master seed.
- 100% control over your private keys, they never leave your device unless you export them.
- HD enabled – manage multiple accounts and never reuse addresses (BIP32, BIP44).
- Ultrafast connection to the Bitcoin network through our supernodes.
- Watch-only addresses & private key import for secure cold-storage integration.
- Secure your wallet with a PIN.
- Compatible with other Bitcoin services through bitcoin: URI handling.
- Support for BIP38 Keys.
- Find other people to trade Bitcoins with in person using the Local Trader feature.
Soon to be Added Features
- Fiat accounts: fully-fledged, blockchain based.
- Debit cards. Wallet – linked and in-wallet-issued.
- Personal finance: convenient handling of bills and invoices.
- Escrow-protected business transactions and bets.
- Crypto assets creation and exchange.
One thing I love about BitPay is that its available for all major mobile and desktop platforms: Linux, iOS, Android, Windows and more. You can buy and sell Bitcoin directly to and from your wallet. It offers a secure and open source wallet to store and accept bitcoin on your website, and you can send it to anywhere you want. You can even easily turn your Bitcoin into real dollars with the BitPay Visa Card.
your private keys and your money remain in your control at all times, its your bitcoin, your wallet and your terms, BitPay is open source for community testing and audits.
- Multiple Bitcoin wallet creation and management in-app.
- Integration for loading, managing, and spending the BitPay Visa Card.
- Integration for buying and selling bitcoin.
- Integration for buying Amazon.com gift cards.
- Intuitive multisignature security for personal or shared wallets.
- Device-based security: all private keys are stored locally, not in the cloud.
- Hierarchical deterministic (HD) address generation and wallet backups.
- Payment protocol (BIP70-BIP73) support: easily-identifiable payment requests and verifiably secure bitcoin payments.
- Support for 150+ currency pricing options and unit denomination in BTC or bits
- Support for Bitcoin testnet wallets.
- Customizable wallet naming and background colors.
- Multiple supported languages, including French, German, Chinese (Simplified), and Spanish.
Xapo App is also one of the leading mobile Bitcoin and multi-currency wallet. It’s a secure wallet for managing your Bitcoin and sending money to friends and family all over the world
Xapo wallet Functions just like a checking account for managing daily spending.
Easily send, receive, and convert funds in all currencies worldwide.
- Xapo wallet Functions just like a checking account for managing daily spending.
- Easily send, receive, and convert funds in all currencies worldwide.
- Top up your account with cash, bank transfers, credit card, or – of course – Bitcoin.
- Use your Xapo Debit Card for in-store purchases, online, and at ATMs worldwide.
- Chat and send money to any email address or phone number instantly.