Any website that has more than 27 million unique visitors and 220 million page views a day can’t be overlooked, especially if it also serves as a marketing tool for bloggers and businesses, notes Yahoo! Small Business Advisor. The photo-sharing site Pinterest is one of the fastest-growing and leading social media platforms and shares the exclusive company of Facebook and Twitter. Bloggers and businesses need to leverage it for online marketing efforts.
Unless people click on and read your content, owning a blog can be a desolate space. The thrill of blogging is to share with others your passions, whether they are fashion, business or motherhood. Unless your blog continues to connect with new audiences (beyond friends and family), it sits in a dark digital corner of loneliness. Drive traffic and acquire unique visitors strategically through the social platform Pinterest.
Excellent content shapes a blog, and content marketing grows it. TheFrugalette.com blogger Isra Hashmi brands herself on Pinterest and uses the photo-sharing site to increase the traffic of her blog. Not only can you use Pinterest to find inspirations and follow trends, you can use it as a strategic tool and traffic source for promotion and growth.
Hashmi tells TheSocialCraft.com that with a single great pin posted on Pinterest, for example, you can continue to generate new traffic as it gets re-pinned and users click through to your site.
To acquire more than 4,500 Pinterest followers like The Frugalette, Hashmi suggests the following tips:
- Take your personal interests out of the equation.
- Create pinboards that appeal to your blog’s followers.
- Avoid pinboards that are irrelevant to the theme and content of your blog.
- Lay out your board so that it displays well on the Pinterest mobile app.
- Be creative and unique while labeling boards.
- Pin consistently and at least once a day, yet don’t overdo it.
- Pin organic, original content and re-pin content for Pinterest networking.
- Install a Pinterest button on your blog and optimize content to be “pinnable.”
Pinterest not only drives new traffic to blogs, it also is an engagement and branding tool for startups and agencies. For entrepreneurs and businesses, social media primarily serves to enhance user engagement as opposed to increase sales, according to a Business Insider social marketing report. Businesses can strategically use pinboards to attract clients for relationship building and to visually strengthen an identity as online branding.
Digital marketing and SEO agency iAcquire, for example, focuses on engagement and branding through various iAcquire Pinterest pins. The company’s Pinterest content extends beyond its own blog posts by creating valuable, useful pinboards, such as “SEO Tips & Tricks,” that appeal to clients and other key players within the industry and social media community.
Improve user engagement and promote your brand through Pinterest with the following pointers:
- Show personality by using company photos and graphics that are less suit and tie and more sneakers and T-shirts.
- Provide unique content that users find valuable, such as blog posts and custom infographics, which are visual representations of data and information.
- Cross-promote Pinterest content on other social media outlets, such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Optimize pins with keywords and hashtags.