The importance of computers is hard to deny in today’s technology driven world. Now, it is almost impossible for an individual to carry-out daily tasks smoothly without viewing the laptop screen. However, with such an extensive usage, these speedy electronic devices tend to get slow down over a certain time period and the need of laptop repair becomes essential.
You might think of buying a new laptop or replacing the hardware parts with new ones, which is quite expensive to be done. On the other hand, applying and following these simple computer tricks, you can save yourself from such expenses. Take a look:
- Virus Prevention: Make sure you are running an anti-virus or anti-spyware program in the active form; and if you are not using one, then install it as soon as possible to avoid the entry of viruses and threats into your computer. Scanning the PC effectively will eliminate various problems like locking of computer or freezing, sudden reboot etc.Must Read: How to Speed up your Computer by Using your Brain|
- Reboot After Regular Intervals: As you install a number of software programs, it is important to give a quick restart to your system so that all the applications are updated accurately. More than that, it will help you in knowing the amount of actual space left in your computer’s memory.
- Delete the Garbage: Removing the junk out of your system will result in its speed enhancement. This can be done by cleaning your hard drive using the disk cleanup option or you can use any reliable cleaner program by downloading it from the Internet. Try to keep a minimum of 100 MB space free in your system to avoid its slow working.Must Read: Tips To Make Computer Games Run Faster
- Update All The Programs: All the software’s including drivers that are installed on your laptop must be upgraded whenever any new version or modification is available. It helps you to make use of the program more effectively.
- Secure Your PC From Physical Damages: Cleaning the body of the system is important to keep away dust and other particles that may cause jamming in air intake and exhaustion. Use a soft and fine brush to clean out the pores and keep liquids away from your system.
- Remove Unnecessary Desktop Widgets: Different tools that you have saved on your desktop consume a substantial amount of system’s memory. So it is better to maintain these widgets to a minimum count, so that they occupy least portion of processor usage.Must Read: 5 Simple Steps to Secure your Personal Computer
- Use A Good Registry Cleaner: Make use of a reliable registry cleaner to speed up the working of your laptop and to save it from various harmful errors. It will clean up all the things that you don’t use.
- Charge the Battery Only When Required: Keeping your laptop plugged into a power source for long hours will make the battery inefficient of handling the charge. So don’t charge your battery for long durations.
- Keep Your Firewall On: In case you are using Internet, make sure that the firewall of your system is set on as it will save the system from being hacked by anyone.Must Read: Run Incompatible Windows XP / Win 7 Programs on Windows 8
- Only Install Reliable Software’s: While you download different applications from the Internet, check the trustworthiness before installing on your laptop, as some programs are accompanied by malicious products that may infect your system.
- Keep a Backup: Maintaining a backup of all your important data is beneficial in case your system encounters a total crash. For this, you can use an additional hard drive where you can store all the useful records safely.
Make use of these quick and easy tricks while using your laptop on daily basis; as it will prevent your system from different types of errors.