You try to play a DVD movie only to realize that it’s no longer playable. You get a soft cloth to clean the surface but this makes no difference. The bad sectors and several scratches on this disc prevent the DVD player from reading the disc. This is exactly what happens to DVDs over time and this is why you should take backup very seriously.
As said in a previous article, the world is leaving the physical DVD behind and moving to digital formats and cloud storage but a number people still prefer the good old DVDs. However, it’s important to make copies of your DVDs to avoid data loss and making a DVD clone is easy if you have the best DVD copying software.
WinX DVD Copy Pro does this right
Although there are several DVD cloning programs in the market, one of my favorites remains WinX DVD Copy Pro. It doesn’t just backup old DVD to a new disc, it also has a bunch of other features that should make this very easy.
Most programs fail to successfully backup DVDs that are damaged but the sector-by-sector duplication mechanism used by WinX DVD Copy Pro gives you a better chance. Whether you want to copy DVD, make a DVD clone or simply back up old scratched DVDs to your computer, WinX DVD Copy Pro does this.
Get WinX DVD Copy Pro for free
Right now, the developer Digiarty is giving away several copies of this program. You can get this program to backup old DVDs for absolutely for free. You can get DVD copy for free in a Christmas Special offer. This is a time-limited event which you should take advantage of before it’s over. In addition, you can also get the best DVD ripper for free.
WinX DVD Copy Pro Features
Built to make your DVD management a lot easier, these are some of the features of WinX DVD Copy Pro:
- Cloning old scratched DVD at 1:1 ratio: This ensures even damaged DVDs with scratched surfaces gets copied successfully.
- Cloning DVD to ISO image: With this, you can simply keep the image file on your computer or external hard drive.
- Copying DVD to MPEG-2 file: If you just want a format playable on other devices, this option is for you.
- Selectively backing up of DVD chapters: instead of backing up the entire DVD, you can simply choose a particular chapter to back up.
- Extracting audio or video only: If you only need to extract the audio or video of your DVD, this is possible with WinX DVD Copy Pro.
- Support for fake DVDs, Sony ARccOS protection and even bad sectors.
- Mounting ISO to a virtual drive.
How to back up an old scratch DVD with WinX DVD Copy Pro
To duplicate an old DVD to a brand new disc is pretty easy.
1. Launch WinX DVD Copy Pro.
2. Insert the old DVD and wait for a few seconds.
3. On the left panel of the program UI, choose Clone DVD to DVD.
4. Review your options. Personally, I think its best that you check all boxes to remove any stumbling block during duplication.
5. If your DVDs has no bad sectors, then it will take about 17 minutes to copy DVD to DVD. Or it might take a while, but you need to wait till the program copies the whole DVD and repairs bad sectors.
6. You will be required to insert your blank DVD after a while.
7. After some time, the content on the scratched DVD should now be ready to be played on the new disc.