While there are different markup and programming languages to choose from when creating a web app or a static website, HTML appears to be the easiest to use. Although it is widely used because of its advantages, there are limitations you should be aware of. This article explains this in detail along with some pieces of advice on how to hire HTML developers in 2021, not just a developer, but the perfect developer. With that out of the way, let’s get started.
What is HTML?
Pros and Cons of HTML
First, let’s talk about the pros:
1. Simple to use and study.
2. Widely used.
3. All browsers support HTML language.
4. It is by default in every window so you don’t need to purchase extra software.
And some cons:
1. HTML can create only static and plain pages. If you need dynamic pages, then HTML is not useful.
2. Need to write a lot of code for making a simple webpage.
3. Security features are not good when it comes to HTML.
4. If you need to write a long code for making a webpage, then it produces some complexity.
Tips on How to Hire HTML Developer in 2021
1. First of all, you should get acquainted with the developer’s portfolio. Take a look at what he or she already worked on to estimate their abilities (it will be visible on projects). If there is no portfolio, it may indicate little or no experience at all for the developer. Trusting a newbie or not is up to you.
2. Before hiring an employee, you can contact their former employer and ask how the developer behaved at work. Be sure to ask about their strengths and weaknesses, it is always better to hear the impressions of real people than to read a letter of recommendation.
3. Alternatively, give the potential candidate a test case, something similar to your main project. So you can once again test the level of knowledge in practice, with a new object of work. In case of failure, you simply reject the candidate, and the task will move to the next developer applying for a job.
4. Before you meet the candidate in person, you definitely need to be sure that he or she will be a great option. You should not invite every applicant, it will take a lot of time and your personal resources. Therefore, a tete-a-tete conversation only with candidates who have established themselves as professionals thanks to their portfolios and recommendations from previous works is advised.
5. In your personal conversation, pay attention to how the developer leads the conversation. Communication skills as well as soft skills in particular play a big role. They will work in a team, so he or she must find a common language with everyone around. To be superficial and rude is not about professionalism at all.
6. It is very important that the developer himself or herself enjoys what he or she is working on. They must live this project, make every effort. It should not be a machine conveyor, where everything is done automatically, such people are not suitable for work.
7. Additional skills shouldn’t be overlooked. They always play into the hands of the developer, because then they have much more opportunities. The more the candidate knows and seeks to study, the better this candidate is. It is advantageous that he or she understands CMS and SEO.
In this short article, we have explained some tips to help you hire a great HTML developer for your project. While these pointers are expected to help, it’s also advised to apply discretion. Sometimes, the best person for the job might not even fit the description.