There are plenty of aspects of creating a website and web designers are the one who play the most vital role in the success of a website. Therefore, a website designer must possess an incredible knowledge base and must be aware of each and every aspects of a website. In website designing, experience counts and help in building impeccable websites but still there are a few number of aspect a beginner web designer must also be aware of.
This article will help a website designer to understand and learn some essential aspects of web designing, which will eventually prove to be very helpful in his web designing career.
Keep the Design Clean and Simple
For most of the novice web designers the visual appearance of the website is one of the most vital aspects of web designing but they forget that it should also be a user friendly one, and end up making a website which looks attractive but users find it very complicated to use. Therefore, a designer should always work on creating a user friendly and scintillating web design. To keep the design clean and simple keep certain things in mind like;
- Web pages shouldn’t be overstuffed with links to other pages with only unnecessary images.
- The fonts being used on a website should be easy to read and must be of 12px in size or more than that as there would also be people with low-vision and belonging to old age group who might visit the website once it goes live.
- The navigation must be well placed and structured.
Check web pages loading time
On many occasion web pages might take a lot of time to load and at that time users might lose their patience and quit the website and move on to another. Therefore, to avoid this situation do not forget to check the web pages loading time. There are certain things you can do to reduce the web page loading time and they are
- Don’t overstuff the website with images as images takes time to load.
- Try to use images in png or gif format with low resolution.
- While trying to give attractive look to web pages try to use as much as possible HTML Text with CSS rather than using images.
- Optimize all the images used in the website by using ALT and Title tags.
Check for Multiple Browser Compatibility
Always remember to check the website on multiple web browsers such as IE (Internet Explorer), Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc. as there are various coding elements which works good on a particular browser and fails to do the same on other. Choose the best dimension for the websites like some designers design specifically for 1024×768 pixels resolution screen and some for 800×600 pixels resolution screen.
Make flexible and easy to maintain web designs
A good web designer is the one who ensure that modifications and updates like change of images and content can be made easily in the future. Therefore, work on making your design as modern as possible by separating style from structure.
Apart from this, always remember that the website designing industry is dynamic, creative and young in nature and things change in short span so keep yourself updated with latest changes in the web designing industry.