Facebook isn’t just a social site that helps you connect and share with the people in your life, it can be a great way to connect with your business clients or blog readers. I have written some posts on facebook integration with blogger like adding facebook comment box, adding facebook like button and large social bookmarking button but having a facebook fan page can not be overlooked. Creating a facebook fan page is an effective way to ensure you keep in touch with your blog visitors on the world’s favorite social network. Though there are millions of Facebook fan pages, there are still some people who find it hard to create a fan page because they’re probably new to facebook. This blog post explains the basics on how to create a facebook fan page, a like box and how to integrate the widget to your blogger hosted blog.
To create a fan page with a like box, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your facebook account and click here to create a fan page
2. Select a page category depending on what you’re creating a fan page for. You should select Brand or Product if it’s a blog.
3. Select Website as sub-category
4. Enter Your site name in the next available space e.g Doncaprio.com or The 9ja Geek’s Journal
5. Agree to the terms and continue.
6. The next page takes you to where you’re asked to upload the page’s profile picture. You can use your blog’s logo
7. You can invite your facebook friends to like your fan page or import email contacts to notify about your new fan page
8. Enter the basic info about your blog or website on the next page.
Creating A Facebook Like Box
– Click here to get started.
– Enter your fan page URL and other parameters as shown below
– Click on Get Code when done with the configuration
How To Add Facebook like Box To Blogger
– Clicking on Get Code presents two different sets of codes
– Copy the first one (ifame)
– Click on Design
– Select Add Widget on the location you wish the facebook like box to appear
– Paste the code you copied earlier and save
– View your blog and the Widget should appear at the very spot.
How To Get Facebook Fan Page Custom Username
A default facebook fan page URL can be quite long and hard to remember. My facebook fan page looks like http://facebook.com/capriotips which is so short and simple. You must have at least 25 likes before getting a custom facebook username.
On your browser, launch http://facebook.com/username and select your desired username for your fan page.
Automatically Updating Your Facebook Fan Page
Instead of sharing every blog post all by yourself, you can synchronize your blog’s RSS Feed with your facebook fan page and every blog post will be pushed to your fan page as well as your personal profile to see. I wrote a post earlier how you can automatically publish your blog’s RSS feed to your facebook profile and fan page and you can as well check it out.