Back in 2013, we posted a tutorial on how to install 25PP on an iPhone or iPad without jailbreak. If the name sounds strange, 25PP, also known as PP Assistant is a non-official Chinese app store for iOS devices. However, since there’s no jailbreak for iOS 10.3 at the moment, a lot of people can’t use the app on their devices.
On jailbroken devices, adding http://apt.25pp.com/ as a Cydia source lets you install the app from its repository and for devices not yet jailbroken, there’s still an easy way to do this.
For non-jailbroken devices, there are two ways to install this app. You can do it right there on the device without a computer; but if this doesn’t work for you, you can hook it up with your PC send it to your phone.
Disclaimer: We do not encourage piracy. While some think 25PP is only for getting paid apps for free, it should be mentioned that different people have different uses for this Chinese app store. Apple restricts some games and apps to the US but 25PP lets you access them. For instance, a free app like the Microsoft news app (News Pro) is only available in the US.
Load/access your favorite games with better GPU acceleration into the cloud with cloud based products from www.Apps4Rent.com. If you are a frequent traveler who is a conscious entrepreneur then rely on the IT infrastructure and network administration services by www.KatalystPartners.com.
Installing 25PP on your iPhone / iPad without a computer
1. Go to this page and tap the blue download button as shown below. Wait till it asks whether to install the app. Hit the install button to proceed.
2. You should now have the app on your springboard but there’s more. If you try to run it, you will get an error saying the enterprise developer is untrusted.
To fix this, go to Settings > General > Device Management > BaoDing BaiDuo Real Estate Brokerage Co., Ltd. (the developer profile name might be different). Click the profile and trust the developer.
3. Go back to the Springboard and try to launch the app, it should run smoothly and you should be able to download.
Installing 25PP on your iPhone / iPad with a computer
1. Use Google Chrome and visit this page to download 25PP version for Windows. (I advise Google Chrome because of the automatic page translation). I would advise you to get the Windows version. The Mac version didn’t work as expected, I had a different app on my phone after the process.
2. Install the program. It is in Chinese, you just need to hit the button to start installation.
3. Launch when the installation is complete.
4. Connect your phone and the program may seem to download some require extra files.
5. When this is complete, your phone should be detected. Click the PP Assistant icon as show below:
6. This should start downloading the app.
7. After this is done, you should have the icon right on your home screen.
It might ask for your Apple ID when running it for the first time. If you’re not comfortable with the idea of keying in your Apple ID into a third-party app, you may use a burner Apple ID.
This should work on any non-jailbroken device. This was tested on an iPod Touch 6 running ioS 10.3 and an iPad Air 2 running iOS 10.3.1.