As most of you already know, PayPal has blacklisted certain countries from using their services. Ghana and Nigeria made the list. Congrats guys! PayPal happens to be the largest online transactions processor and so most merchants and online stores use PayPal for transacting. It is safe, secure and fast. What this means is that Residents in Ghana and Nigeria cannot register for PayPal accounts and we are therefore deprived access to transact financially on some prime websites. For example, if you’re a member of the warriorforum.com, you cannot buy the WSO’s because PayPal is the sole online payment processor. Another website that accepts only PayPal is Fiverr.com. True, a few unscrupulous guys messed us up, but that really doesn’t do the majority of us any justice. Why should I be punished for my brothers sins, PayPal? Not fair at all.
In this post I’m going to share with you, step-by-step, how to navigate this roadblock and open a valid PayPal account right within Ghana or Nigeria or any other country blacklisted by PayPal. It is a genuine and legal method and that is what I currently use for my PayPal transactions
PayPal itself does not issue credit cards. It only Links your existing Visa/master card to your PayPal Account and charges that card anytime you use your PayPal details for transaction. Now credit cards issued in blacklisted countries are automatically blocked. For those of you who don’t know, when you look on your visa/master card, the 2nd and 7th digits are the Bank’s Number so PayPal is able to know which country issued that card and so are able to block cards issued in blacklisted countries.
Photo Credit: Howstuffwork
Step by Step PayPal Account Actions for Blacklisted Countries
By follow the simple guidelines below, you should be able to own a verified Paypal account whether you reside in Nigeria, Ghana, or any other country blackl
1) Sign-up for a FREE Payoneer Prepaid MasterCard.
Step 1: Sign Up Page. Go to www.payoneer.com. Click on Big Green Button as shown below to begin Sign Up Process
Step 2: Account Type: Click “Apply” under “Individual”
Step 3: Details Page. Click On the first Green Button (Personal Details) to Begin filling in your details.
Points to Note under Personal Details:
(a) Country: Select the country you currently live in.
(b) Use your home address e.g. No 5 Okocha Street, Ibadan. DO NOT USE P.O.BOX!!.
(c) Zip Code: In Africa, we don’t use ZIP Codes but some sites make it a compulsory field so you must enter a number. Just enter 00233 for Ghana. Some Nigerian blog suggest you enter any of these sets of numbers: 110001/ 23401/ 00176 for Nigeria. In any case these will do. For other countries just prefix two zeros in your postal codes and you’re good to go.
Also Read: How to Get Your Payoneer Mastercard Approved
(d) As indicated on the image, click on the Checkbox to enter a shipping address. That is your physical address (postal/mailing address) that the card will be shipped to. You can ignore this if your home address is same as your shipping address. If you’re in Ghana, you MUST Fill in this because we don’t use street addresses for mail.
P.S: WRITE DOWN THE ABOVE PERSONAL INFO IN A SAFE PLACE. YOU WILL NEED IT FOR YOUR PAYPAL REGISTRATION.
Step 4: Physical Card Shipped to you: Your Plastic Payoneer Prepaid Master Card looks like this. Normally this should arrive in your mail box in 30-60 days (depends on your location) with all necessary instructions for activating your card.
2) Register a PayPal Account.
Once you receive your Payoneer Prepaid MasterCard, head over to PayPal and create a new account as shown in the images below. This is the critical part so pay attention
Step 1: Go to www.paypal.com and start the process under “PayPal for You”. Select ANY AFRICAN COUNTRY LISTED in the drop-down menu, preferably one closest to you.
(a) Fill in EXACTLY the same address details you used for your Payoneer Registration above. If you don’t get this right, everything will go wrong
(b) DO NOT WORRY that you chose a different Country and yet using your city and state details & phone number. PayPal is too busy making money. Time is too valuable to spend digging up such levels of data for every single signup. Moreover, e.g. it’s possible there is a No. 5 Okocha Street in Kenya or Egypt, right? So no worries…
(c) Under Mobile number, enter your real MTN, Glo, Airtel or whatever provider you use mobile number. Sometimes they send you verification codes via SMS so if you use a fake number, you’re in trouble. Again, don’t worry about the country code differing from your chosen county. You’re on international roaming! Or a temporary resident in Nigeria
(d) Once you fill out your information, double-check to make sure every piece of information tallies with your Payoneer information. Click on submit and you’ll be taken to the next page of registration.
Step 2: Security Challenge Page: Enter Captchas correctly, and then continue
Step 3: Credit Card Details: This is where you ENTER YOUR PAYONEER PREPAID MASTERCARD DETAILS. On this page, confirm that your billing address matches that previously entered for your Payoneer account. Very important!
Confirm your card details, and then submit. You’re officially done. Congrats! PayPal will send you a confirmation email of the successful registration, together with other details
Here is why I insist on using Payoneer Prepaid Card
Some people may be wondering why I recommended Payoneer instead of any other card.
- Payoneer is the only card I can guarantee will work. I have personally used it and it worked for me. There may be others but I cannot sincerely recommend what I have never used.
- Payoneer partners almost all the major freelance websites like Elance, Guru, Odesk etc. What this means is that, when you register with any of these freelance sites and win contracts, you can setup your Payoneer card as a payment option for receiving money earned on the site. You can then access your cash from your local MasterCard compliant ATM like GT Bank ATMS.
- Payoneer is a US based payment solutions company. They process prepaid MasterCard and handle online transactions for any person interested in a safe, secure and cost effective payment solution. Signup is absolutely free and their charges/transaction fees are the lowest in the market. Once you sign up, it takes about 60 days or less for the physical card to arrive in your mailbox anywhere in the world. I received mine through the regular post office. They have an online platform where clients can deposit cash into your card using any visa/MasterCard from any part of the world. If you have a visa card from your local bank, you simply go online and credit your Payoneer account using the online platform. You can then use your card for all your online transactions. You can also withdraw money from any ATM worldwide.
If you follow the process as I have shown you, you will be able to register your own legitimate PayPal account right within your country and do all the shopping/purchase which you hitherto could not do. Cheers and enjoy. Comment below for any clarification or contact me on my blog for private messages