Lately, MSN Messenger has been named as Windows Live Messenger. This program is the instant messaging service that every user can make use of, whose system is running on Windows operating system. Windows live Messenger has been deployed in many consoles such as Xbox 360. Zune HD, Blackberry operating system and Symbian OS 9.x are no exceptions to Windows Live Messenger.
This instant messaging service is responsible for connecting users to Microsoft’s account. However, the fact cannot be denied that with frequent updates of Windows operating systems, there are chances that MSXML library will be affected. Once the MSXML library is corrupted, you will encounter MSN error code 80040154. Error 80040154 is generally, noticed in Windows XP and Windows Vista and hardly, in Windows 7.
You cannot leave the problem unattended, once it appears. Do not worry of taking your system to a service center or calling over a technician, rather try your hands to troubleshoot this issue with the following guidelines.
For Windows XP & Windows Vista:
In order to fix this error, you have to try two options: either re-registering for ‘msxml3.msi’ file or installing the latest version of dynamic library from Microsoft’s website. Let us see the options in detail:
Registration of msxml3.msi file
- Go to ‘Start’ menu and click on ‘All Programs’.
- Choose ‘Accessories’ and right click on ‘Command Prompt’ icon.
- Select the option of ‘Run as administrator’. This will demand for the administrator credentials and then, click ‘Continue’.
- A DOS prompt will appear where you should type ‘REGSVR32 % windir% system32msxml3.dll‘ command and hit ‘Enter’.
- This should give you a message stating that the registration was successful, following which you need to restart your computer. This should fix the issue.
Install ‘msxml3.msi’ file from Microsoft’s website
- Go to Microsoft’s website and enter ‘msxml3.msi’ on the search bar. It will show you the file, with a download button beside it.
- Download the file and follow the prompts to install the library files. Restart your computer, after the installation. You will not face this problem anymore.