If you wish to wipe your Facebook messages clean, there is more than one way to get it done. Facebook chat has a way of filling up your inbox, making it full of junks you may never read. Normally, there should be a special folder that stores chat messages but Facebook doesn’t leave that option and worse yet, there’s absolutely no way to mark all messages and delete them collectively. Whether your favorite browser is Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, there are different tweaks to get this done.
1. Using GreaseMonkey script on Firefox
- Install GreaseMonkey Firefox addon and restart your browser
- Now go to userscript.org and install this script
- When the script is installed, go to your Facebook messages, you should see a new “Delete All” button
- Clicking the button displays a dialogue asking you to confirm if you really want to delete all your messages.
- Confirming your selection deletes all your normal messages and chat messages.
2. Using Google Chrome extension
Unlike the first one, this extension offers a wider variety options. You can delete all messages and delete them selectively.
- Install this extension
- You can refresh your Facebook messages page to see the new options as show below:
You should note that this doesn’t only delete your chat messages, it also deletes your regular messages as well. You should use this with caution as you may lose important messages.