Attention to all bloggers and potential bloggers! Today we want to correct some mistakes some bloggers make when it comes to picking a niche for their blogs. Yes, niche error is a great error if you intend going close to anything called success in the blogosphere (the bloggers world I mean).
The blogosphere is growing by the day with lots of people building blogs here and there. Well, at least, we are compensated by the fact that some humans are still willing to share information on the internet aside from the money factor which often come as a reward for building a valuable blog.
Well, seeing that most blogs are niche-focused, there are certain things you shouldn’t blog about because doing so may ruin your blogging career. This post outlines some of those topics you should avoid when blogging.
1. Religion: Blogging in favor or against a particular religious belief is one poison you must not drink throughout your blogging life if you want to grow your audience. Most people are fanatics of some certain religious beliefs, hence you will have enemies if you try to criticize what others believe in.
2. Racism: A racist is someone who feels his/her country or state is superior to those of others. If your blog promotes a particular race or suggests same, you are sure to have lots of enemies online.
3. Politics: An easy way to land yourself in trouble or get angry feedback from your readers will certainly be to blog in favor of or against political parties or their candidates. It is more safe to focus your blog on historical events other than political arguments. Your readers will hate you when you often talk down on their favorite parties and what is a blog without readers?
4. Nude contents: It is no false statement that blogs or websites who picked such topics as their niche are getting a lot of human traffic on daily basis but if you want to make money from ad networks like Google Adsense or perhaps you want a good reputation on the internet, then you will have to steer clear of such niche.
5. Personal: Personal blogs are becoming rather too much on the internet these days. Well it seems cool to write about yourself and personality on the internet but you should do so with moderation – knowing that the internet is not your rough assignment book.
People really don’t care about you telling them what you had for dinner and where you visited today. They don’t give a pop about how you double-dated without getting caught. Oh! Really, do you care about such?
6. Too many ads, no real content: Well if you enjoy annoying your blog readers, one easy way will be to fill your site with heavy boards of advertisement and always write posts that tell them reasons why they should patronize those ads. You will certainly annoy most of your readers and hey, you won’t need a prophet to tell you how bad your traffic had been since you started doing that.
You have more topics you feel don’t worth blogging about? Please share with all using the comment box. It will be cool reading from you… Yes YOU.
Felix Silas is a blogger cum web developer who is famous for his writing prowess and skills. See one of his blogs at felibrain.com