I wrote a post on permanent hacking for symbian phones some weeks back but some complained the method is quite complex and the process was just too risky and complicated. Also it worked only on Nokia phones only and you definitely need a PC to do it. The method I’ll be posting today is quite easy and you can hack your symbian Nokia or Sony Ericsson phone without a computer, a developer key and certificate. The method was tested on Nokia C-7, Nokia N8, Sony Ericsson Vivaz, Satio and a host of other symbian phones ranging from symbian ^3, symbian anna, symbian s60v5 and s60v3. Now it’s possible to hack your symbian phone without a necessarily flashing the phone.
You can’t fully utilize the power of your Symbian smartphone if the phone isn’t hacked yet. Hacking your phone allows you to install unsigned applications and applicatios with expired certificates. You can easily bypass installation error messages such as “certificate error,” “certificate expired” and so on.
Unlike the method I posted earlier, you have to perform this symbian hack on your mobile phone and ther’s absolutely no need for a computer. First download these files:
1. Depending on whether you’re using a Nokia or Sony ericsson symbian phone, download UMUNokiaHack or UMUSonyEricsson Hack and install. Launch the application
2. Select your desired connection. Here you can select wi-fi or your default access point
3. Accept the trial key and accept the trial license too
4. Select Yes
5. Next, select No, then OK
6. Select OK and press 123. Now re-type 123 once more
7. Choose Options and click on Antivirus
8. Go to Quarantine
9. Press Options > Restore > Yes
10. Click Back, Home, then Exit and uninstall UMU Mobile Security immediately.
11. Enter 123 when prompted.
12. Now install RomPatcherPlus_3.1.sisx
14. Launch it and apply Open4All. This gives you access to all folders including system folders
15. Apply Installserver. Now you can install all unsigned applications.
NOTE: If you see something like a red cross, then you still have one more thing to do. There’s a link to installservers pack earlier in this post and this is where to use it.
To know which installserver to use, you need to know your phone’s operating system. Go to www.gsmarena.com and run a search for your phone to know the operating system and other details. Below is just an overview of what the installservers pack contain and corresponding phones they work for.
installserver91: for E60, E61i, E62, E65, E70, N71, N73, N75, N77, N80, N91, N91, N92(Symbian 9.1)
installserver92: for E51, E90, N76, N81, N81 8GB, N82, N93, N93i, N95, N95-2, 6290, 5700, 6120, 6110, i520, i550, i400, i450, i560, G810, N78, N96, 6220(Symbian 9.2, 9.3)
installserver3250: for 3250
installserver5500: for 5500
installservere50: for E50
installservere61: for Е61 or 3250 (if first file wont work only)
installserver934: for newest 9.3 and all 9.4 models
installserverS3: for all Symbian^3 (and Symbian Anna, Symbian Belle)
* Check the installsever compatible with your phone
* With X-plore or any other file manager you have, copy the installserver to to C:\sys\bin
* There’s no need to apply installserver patch in RomPatcher and your phone is now hacked.
This hack works on symbian Anna, symbian ^3, symbian s60v5 and probably s60v3. It works on Sony Ericsson Vivaz as well and I’ve read reports that it also works on Satio too.
All credits to Coderus for sharing this easy approach to symbian hacking.
Consider sharing the post as well if it helps!.