(Updated on 21st September, 2011)
If you’re new to your-freedom software, there’s an old post I wrote on it’s basic configuration but you actually don’t need it if you’re quite used to this firewall bypassing software and all previously used tricks. You should first create an account as a free user at your-freedom.net to to use this tunneling application. As at the time of writing this post (25th Aug., 2011) , Your Freedom client software works free on MTN Nigeria. For years, your-freedom has been working on Nigerian networks including MTN, Glo, Etisalat and Airtel since the settings is quite flexible and the software developers are constantly updating the software and maintaining their different servers located in different countries making it easy to hide your IP address and break firewall as well.
1. Install the software, select your desired language (English) and cancel the welcome message
2. Click on Configure and key in the following settings on the page that pops up:
* Address – www.mtnfootball.com
* Port – 80
* Connection Mode – HTTP
or POST (POST works better at times)
* Tweak – None
Under options, check the 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th box.
* Minimum Buffer Size – 1500
* Reconnection Delay – 5000
* Initial Post SIze – 10000000
* Minimum POST Size – 20000
3. Click on Account Information tab and enter your username and password.
4. Click on Proxy Settings tab and key in the following settings:
* Proxy Address – ems01.your-freedom.de
* Port – 80
5. Click Save and Exit.This should take you back to the main window
6. Now click on Ports tab and check Socks 4/5 and Web Proxy
7. Now select the Status tab and click on Start Connection
If every thing is set right and the network is ok, you should get connected as the door icon pushes open.
Now launch Mozilla Firefox or any browser of your choice and change the proxy settings to 127.0.0.1:8080 or localhost:8080 . For Firefox:
* Click on Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Settings.
* Select Manual Proxy Configuration
* Enter 127.0.0.1 for HTTP Proxy
* Key in 8080 for Port
* Check Use this proxy server for all protocols
* Click OK and save your settings
If you’re looking for how to change proxy settings for other browsers, you can check this post. Though Your Freedom software might be connected, you still won’t be able to surf the internet if your browser proxy settings is wrong.
Like I said earlier, this settings works at the time this blog post was published. In case it got blocked or you still need help configuring the software, there are members at our web forum always ready to help you for free.
Though Your Freedom is released as a freeware, there are certain limitations as a free user. Your maximum connection time is limited to sixty minutes. This means you will be disconnected from your-freedom server after every 60 minutes and there’s no known way to bypass this annoying limit. Your maximum daily connection time is also limited to 6 hours. You’re allowed a total connection time of 15 hours per week as a free user and this is definitely not enough especially if you use the internet a lot. You can view this page to view all the limitations and upgrade your account if you really want to.
Anyway, enjoy this free brosing trick with Your-Freedom on MTN Nigeria while it lasts!
LATEST UPDATE - 9th Aug., 2011
As at 09-09-2011, MTN blocked www.mtnfootball used to power this free browsing trick. The new settings remain the same with just a little variation. Change www.mtnfootball.com in the settings above to 22.214.171.124 and your freedom is up and running again.
LATEST UPDATE – 21st September 2011
Your freedom stopped working on MTN Network a few days back but it’s now back. Reverse IP trick is no longer working but you can still connect using SSL (secure connection), also known as HTTPS. The settings below should work for you:
Download this version 20110920-02 and configure as follows:
* Address – 126.96.36.199
* Port – 443
* Connection Mode – HTTPS
* Tweak – Nigeria MTN
Proxy settings should be left blank as you won’t be needing any IP address or port.
Save your settings and click on Start Connection.
Share this post if it helps.