Your adsense earnings has a lot to do with placement of ads among other things. Placing ads in certain positions such as under post title gives you a better click through rate and increased adsense earnings. One of the most effective practices is placing your adsense unit inside blog post, wrapping your text around it, preferably a 300 X 250 medium rectangle ad unit or a 336 x 280 large rectangle ad unit. Your ads will appear in your blog post as the image appearing on the left side of this blog post. Unlike wordpress blogs with different plugins to make things like this easy, there are certain steps you have to take to make this work on your blogspot site. This post explains how to place adsense unit inside blog posts and the steps are quite simple.
1. Log in to your adsense account and create the adsense unit you intent to use. I would recommend 300 X 250 medium rectangle ad unit or a 336 x 280 large rectangle ad unit.
2. Copy the generated code and paste it in the box below to parse it.
3. Click on Convert and copy the parsed adsense code.
4. Login to your blogger account and go to Design > Edit HTML
5. Back up your template by clicking Download full template before proceeding. You can easily restore your original template in case something goes wrong.
6. Check Expand widget template
7. Press CTRL + F and search for this code:
8. Right above that, paste this code:
<b:if cond="data:blog.pageType == "item"">
<div style="float: left; padding: 5px; margin: 5px;">
PARSED ADSENSE CODE
9. Be sure to replace PARSED ADSENSE CODE with your adsense code you parsed earlier.
This makes the ad appear under post title with your blog post wrapped around it. You should however know that this adsense unit will not appear on static pages such as homepage, archive and label pages. If you intend to show the ads on the static pages, simply remove the first and last line of the code.
Also, I won’t advice you to use this tweak if you have blog posts starting with images. This will place the images right beside your blog posts which is strictly against google adsense terms of service.
If you intend to place the ad unit under post title without wrapping you post body round it, click here