Cheexy is a proxy tunelling application specifically built for Symbian S60V3 devices. It’s a python based mobile application that works like tunneling applications for windows such as Your-Freedom, India Web Proxy, etc. It’s configuration is somehow similar to the popular handler applications but with some modifications.
Cheexy 1.35 requires python runtime. Click here to read about python and download.
How to use Cheexy
To make Cheexy act as a localhost for your mobile applications
* Create a new access point named CHEEXY APN or MTN CHEEXY depening on your choice using your default operator access point. IP should be 127.0.0.1 and port should be 123
* Open Cheexy and configure HTTP Proxy host and port as shown below
* There’s also an option to add a tunnel proxy. Also select the access point you created earlier as your default access point.
If well configured, Cheexy can be a powerful free browsing tools to those who are accustomed with YK Handler mods.
* Only works with http protocol(POST and GET)
* Http POST limited to amount of free ram
* Only works with apps that can use http proxy e.g: s60 browser
* Only 1 connection at a time
* Ram usage tend to grow rapidly when downloading large file. Maybe there’s a leak somewhere (Suspecting conn.recv @ get_online)
* New: Tunneling option to tunnel request to a proxy server through user proxy server (or server if http/mms proxy is not set)
* New: Option “Save log” will read log in ram and save it.Previously, “Save log” will read log in console output and save it
* New: Option “Clear log” will only clear log saved in ram, while “Clear screen” will only clear log on screen without clearing log in ram.
* New: Dynamic header changer.Change any header without restricted to inbuilt settings.See Option Guides and HTTP Headers option for more info
* Changed: log now have 4 modes instead of 2.See Settings>General for more info
* Changed: Some options name changed:
* http_proxy to http_proxy_host
* http_port to http_proxy_port
* mms_proxy to mms_proxy_host
* mms_port to mms_proxy_port
* log to log_mode
* Removed: accept, accept_charset, accept_encoding, referer option in settings removed
* Urgent fix for v1.2
* Fix default.py that cannot detect cheexy.pyc.(S60v3)
* Removed unecessary hex+symbol (for now) in hex_sym function.Now some(or all?) url with hex codes in it may work properly.This only affect url using curl method.See how to use for more detail
* Fix “Host: ” adjustment in http header that returning error when the url doesnt have “://”
Latest posts by Don Caprio (see all)
- Enabling Notification Badges for Whatsapp and other Android Apps - May 20, 2013
- How to Remove Mobile Responsiveness from Genesis Child Themes - May 14, 2013
- Installing Unsupported Applications on iPhone 3G and 2G? - May 8, 2013