You sure do need to have a computer or have a constant access to one before you can think of blogging but if you’re the type that’s stuck on your mobile phone most of the time, you can still generate some online income with that mobile phone.
Trying to generate some income online with a mobile phone might not be as lucrative as blogging to some people (it doesn’t even fetch that much unless you can drive enough traffic to your mobile site) but it’s definitely worth giving a try. There is definitely no harm in having a few dollars stream into your paypal account every month, right?
Now, here’s the catch: you must have a mobile site. You don’t need to pay a dime or buy some costly hosting plan to get one. For starters, you can go through my guide on free WAP hosts you can use to create your free mobile site. You can decide to build a mobile community, a mobile download site, a site with awesome services, you might even decide to combine all this in a single site to make it really spectacular!
You might be wondering how you can make any money from all these things you’re giving out to people for free…creating a place for people to meet new friends and uploading stuffs for people to download all for free? All you need to do is run some little advert on your mobile site and you get paid for all your effort.
Now this mobile advertising program is just like the google adsense program I explained earlier. You need to sign up with any of the mobile advertising networks I’m gonna list below, get your ad code, paste it on your site and you start earning from valid clicks. Google adsense rules also applies here: never click your own ads and no dubious tricks!
Now, below are some mobile advertising network you can partner with to generate some money on your mobile site:
1. Admob This is one of the largest and most successful mobile advertising networks and it’s what I personally use on my mobile site.
It was acquired by Google of recent. The minimum payout is $20 either by paypal or cheque.
2. Inmobi: InMobi is the world’s largest independent global mobile advertising network. InMobi provides advertisers, developers, and publishers with a uniquely global mobile advertising solution.
InMobi delivers the unprecedented ability to reach 185 million consumers in over 115 countries through over 20 billion mobile ad impressions monthly.
The minimum payout for publishers is $25.
3. Mojiva: Mojiva provides products and solutions that not only fuel the mobile advertising marketplace by bringing mobile ad buyers together with mobile content sellers, but that also solve unique challenges in the mobile marketing space. Solutions include tools to market your products and services to mobile users, monetize your mobile content, enable your global ad sales team to capitalize on an expanded media mix, control your inventory, or mobilize the brands your agency is working with.
The only problem some publishers might have with mojiva is the fact that they do not allow common email providers like yahoomail and gmail during registration. The payout too is rather high, it was $100 the last time I checked.
4. Buzzcity: BuzzCity is a mobile media company offering brand owners and agencies access to a global advertising network on the mobile internet. The network is made up of publishers from across the world and BuzzCity’s own mobile media properties.
As a leading international player, BuzzCity has developed in-depth knowledge of the mobile consumer and provides marketers with clear opportunities to reach this audience via its advertising and publisher programmes.
5. Adultmoda: Adultmoda is the leading company in terms of mobile ads targeted at +18 audience.
If you’re a publisher willing to have pornographic ads on your mobile site, I think you should check them out.
Latest posts by Don Caprio (see all)
- Enabling Notification Badges for Whatsapp and other Android Apps - May 20, 2013
- How to Remove Mobile Responsiveness from Genesis Child Themes - May 14, 2013
- Installing Unsupported Applications on iPhone 3G and 2G? - May 8, 2013